The Technical Support Intern’s primary responsibility is to work closely with the Information Technology team to support SmartBase Solutions’ infrastructure and their end users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Level 1 Help Desk support
- Support end-user workstations
- Respond to system alerts, troubleshooting and resolving issues while escalating in a timely manner as required
- Communicate effectively with internal and external end-users
- Perform periodic checks in off-hours, including checking messages / emails and checking for high priority system alerts while escalating as required
- Document Processes and Procedures
- Perform auditing tasks
- Occasional Travel to Datacenter
- Generate various reports required for IT team
- Occasional weekend and off hour support
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System - Solid troubleshooting and analytic skills
- Basic Understanding of IT Security Best Practices
- Ability to communicate and engage with internal and external clients
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines while working on concurrent projects/tasks
- Learn and effectively use new technologies
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- “Go-Getter” attitude with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong customer service communication skills
- Familiarity with Active Directory/LDAP
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
Required Competencies and Core Values:
- Every SmartBase employee is expected to demonstrate and develop their skills, knowledge, and abilities in line with the company’s mission of turning data into actionable knowledge. Each individual is also expected to demonstrate all of the company’s core values:
- Team-first attitude - Have each other’s back; respectful; bring solutions/ideas
- Passion for doing what's right - Add value to client’s business; honesty/integrity; dedication to client’s best interest
- Own it! - Accountable; do whatever it takes; diligent
- Be creative - Research and problem solving; continuous improvement; never be satisfied; identifying new approaches; passion for learning and growing
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may occasionally be asked to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Applicants who are interested in this internship opportunity should send a cover letter and resume to: Justin Cole, Chief Information Officer at email@example.com.